Carson has been working hard on our garden this summer. It is looking great if you ask me. He has enough baby lettuce to have at least one salad everyday! Our strawberries have been good so far and we have had one head of broccoli that was marvelous. There are also snap peas, yellow beans, soy beans, tomatoes, purple carrots, blue potatoes, green onion, and some other things that have escaped my mind. He also has a large compost pile in the back yard for next years garden.
Monday, July 5, 2010
Our Garden
Carson has been working hard on our garden this summer. It is looking great if you ask me. He has enough baby lettuce to have at least one salad everyday! Our strawberries have been good so far and we have had one head of broccoli that was marvelous. There are also snap peas, yellow beans, soy beans, tomatoes, purple carrots, blue potatoes, green onion, and some other things that have escaped my mind. He also has a large compost pile in the back yard for next years garden.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is actually an old picture, so everything's a bit bigger now. There's also an artichoke (which I think the ants have destroyed), orange cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, 2 yellow squash plants, 2 cucumbers, and 2 melon plants (baby watermelon and Sun Jewel, neither of which are doing too great), basil, and cilantro.
ReplyDeleteThis is an old picture, so most things are quite a bit bigger now. The potato cage is now completely full of straw. The onions aren't green onions, but Walla Walla onions (the Vidalia of the longer northern days), and also we've had 2 marvelous heads of broccoli, not one. There are about five more to come. There's also orange cauliflower, leeks, Brussels sprouts, four celery plants, two yellow squash plants, two cucumber plants, pole beans, cilantro, basil, a baby watermelon and a Sun Jewel melon (neither of which are faring too well), and an artichoke plant (which started out quite nicely, since I got it planted indoors in February, but a few weeks ago the ants destroyed it in just a matter of days).
ReplyDeleteAlso, I have a garden frog. There's a frog that hangs in and around the garden, which, in addition to keeping me company, might help keep the pest population down slightly.
I was so excited that I had two comments and then I realized they were from you. It's just not the same receiving a comment from someone who you live with.
ReplyDeleteThe first comment originally said it didn't post, so I had to rewrite it. But then it showed up anyway. Sorry to have repeated myself.
ReplyDeleteI commented on this yesterday and it didn't show up!! anyway all it said was I'm jealous of your garden. I want a garden.
ReplyDelete