Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Helen Updates

Helen is now a wopping 21.5 inches long and her head is 34 cm. Unfortunately I do not know
her weight and will not know until the 24th when we go to the doctor. She is rolling over much quicker now and refuses to stay on her stomach. I tell her she needs to stay on her stomach so she can learn to crawl but thus far she does not seem to care. She is defiantly a morning person. She wakes up around 5:30 and is ready for the day. She stays awake and alert for several hours and then takes a short cat nap and is ready again for some play. Throughout the afternoon she takes little cat naps as well, she never really has a hard sleep during the day which i suppose is nice because she probably won't sleep much at night if she did but at the same time it makes life more difficult for me because i can't get anything done (she still doesn't like to sleep unless she is held, only at night when we swaddle her does she sleep for more than 20 minutes if not held). She is getting great at following things with her eyes, she can go side to side and occasionally up and down. She loves her gas medicine we call it her vitameatavegamine because it's "so tasty too, just like candy."She loves music and so far we have only found one CD that she doesn't seem to care for, Simon and Garfunkel. Even Lenny Kravitz's "American Women" has calmed her down. She outgrown the preemie clothes and is now in regular newborn and 0-3 months clothes although the 0-3 months are usually to big. We go on a walk everyday down our street, we walk to the dead end and back 3 times (a little over a mile).




I feel I must have a picture with every post so here is Helen enjoying her favorite book "Strawberries are Red"


2 comments:

  1. Well, I must say that I am ready to have my play time with Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe she's rolling over! And I can't believe she doesn't love Simon and Garfunkel. I guess aside from that, she's a pretty cool baby.

    ReplyDelete